excessively elaborate or showily expressed;
"a writer of empurpled literature"
"many purple passages"
"an over-embellished story of the fish that got away"
- His face empurpled as he toiled up the hill.
- The blood ran away and empurpled her thigh.
- Mild Evening draws her thin empurpled veil!
- The mist, gloomily empurpled, magnified the star.One would have called it a luminous wound.
- Now, let’s have a look at “empurpled” “cynicism”, “politics pop” and “vulgar art” might as well.
- The child was standing with his back to the sun, which cast threads of gold in his hair and empurpled with its blood-red gleam the savage face of Jean Valjean.
- empurple 使成紫色