without question and beyond doubt;
"it was decidedly too expensive"
"she told him off in spades"
"by all odds they should win"
- He has always emphatically denied the allegations.
- 'Certainly not,' he replied emphatically.
- The house detective shook his head emphatically.
- She is emphatically opposed to the proposals.
- He is emphatically a retiring and unassuming man.
- He states emphatically that he never seems to miss a trick with his staff.
- It must be emphatically pointed out that these views are wrong.
- emphatic 强调的