the cardinal number that is the sum of ten and one
a team that plays football
being one more than ten
- The meeting broke up at eleven o'clock.
- Mr Hood said that he would have to go on, as he was due at a meeting at eleven o'clock.
- Not until eleven o'clock did he come home.
- I have received eleven Christmas cards by now.
- A cricket team is comprised of eleven players.
- There are eleven players in the game.
- There are eleven members in the team.
- The little boy left primary school at eleven.
- There are eleven in the room.
Eleven thousand Palestinian guerrillas..left West Beirut.出自：New York Times
Eleven-twelfths of both amounts would be taxable.出自：Washington Post