- Nepal\'s three small royalist parties won no directly elected seat: ie, one fewer than the tiny Nepal Workers\' and Peasants\' Party, which supports North Korea\'s Kim Jong Il.
- With only 31 directly elected seats, the UML vowed to quit the government.
- The number of directly elected seats could be increased and Legco's split-voting system could be scrapped.
- The second legislature will be elected for a four-year term in the year 2000,when the number of directly elected seats will increase to 24.
- However, since the introduction of elected seats to the Legislative Council, the political environment has undergone a profound change.
- With around 20 indirectly elected seats, and support from independents, the PML(N) will hope to scrape a majority in the Punjab assembly.