someone who is unsuccessful
an explosion that fails to occur
an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual;
"the first experiment was a real turkey"
"the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
failing to detonate; especially not charged with an active explosive;
"he stepped on a dud mine"
- How can we be expected to carry out our jobs with the dud equipment you gave us?
- During yesterday's sham battle, party A fired a dud.
- This battery is a dud.
- The new manager is a complete dud.
- The whole plan turned out to be a dud.
- Two of the fireworks in the box were duds.
- dud cheque 空头支票
These are me clean duds for meetin' Rosebud at the station.出自： S. L. Elliott