the downward slope of a hill
a ski race down a trail
sloping down rather steeply
toward a lower or inferior state;
"your performance has been going downhill for a long time now"
toward the bottom of a hill;
"running downhill, he gained a lot of speed"
- The boys hurt themselves sliding downhill.
- The car was speeding downhill at top speed.
- Business is going downhill.
- This part of the town used to be fashionable, but it's starting to go downhill.
- The cross-country course consists of flat,uphill and downhill sections.
- she makes downhill business regrow by her perseverance and work hard.
The road coming downhill from the north-west turned south.出自： E. Bowen
A stone rolled downhill.出自： R. Adams
From this point it is downhill all the way: a host of deprivations and disasters.出自：Gay News
It was downhill from then on, though it actually took a year to secure the country completely.出自：Guardian