- Generally, the double bottom and double hull of ships are two types of metal sandwich structures.
- Common Structural Rules for Double Hull Oil Tankers (CSR) have general and systemic influences on the structural design of VLCC.
- Four-storied deckhouse arranged above poop deck at aft, emergency fire pump room arranged at fore, double hull and double bottom for cargo hold area, double bottom for E/R.
- The results of calculations show that damaged stability of the double hulled VLCC could be improved, and the relative provisions in the MARPOL Convention could be satisfied if ballast tank types are reasonably selected.
- Many oil tankers have double hulls to prevent oil from leaking.
- With the increasing of the number and the dimensions of ships, only using the double hull system in side hull cannot satisfy the requirement of avoiding the rupture of struck shipside.