- vt. 注定; 判定 condemn sb to some fate
- [U]厄运,劫数 a terrible fate; unavoidable destruction or death
an unpleasant or disastrous destiny;
"everyone was aware of the approaching doom but was helpless to avoid it"
"that's unfortunate but it isn't the end of the world"
decree or designate beforehand;
"She was destined to become a great pianist"
pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law;
"He was condemned to ten years in prison"
make certain of the failure or destruction of;
"This decision will doom me to lose my position"
- The dictator met his doom after ten years of rule.
- The slightest miscalculations in trajectory can spell doom for a successful space mission .
- She had then offered him the chance to baffle his doom.
- The doom which I have passed upon her is irrevocable
- Next we took a mine cart ride, a la Temple of Doom.
- He's sent you and your dead knights to meet their doom,Darion.
- Everyone is doomed to die.
- The prisoner was doomed to death.
- Bad weather doomed the crops.
- The action doomed his efforts.
- The plan was doomed by their refusal to give it any financial support.
- The report on our economic situation is full of doom and gloom.
- In the room there was a sense of Hitler's doom having been sealed.
- doom to (v.+prep.)
注定; 判定 condemn sb to some fate
doom sb/sth to sth
The court doomed the accused to a long term of imprisonment.
All wrongdoers are doomed to come to grief.
From the start, the plan was doomed to failure.
The criminal was doomed to death.
- doom apparently 显然注定
- doom cruelly 引起痛苦地判定
- doom dreadfully 可怕地判定
- doom eternally〔everlastingly〕 永久地注定
- doom ignominiously 不光彩地判定
- doom inescapably〔inevitably〕 不可避免地判定
- doom inscrutably 高深莫测地判定
- doom irrecoverably 不能挽回地判定
- doom mysteriously 秘密地判定
- doom prophetically 预言性地判定
- doom tragically 悲剧性地注定
- doom to 注定
He revised the whole code of Anglo-Saxon law, and compiled a new book of dooms.出自： J. Lingard
There the equall Judge..dooms each voice aright.出自： P. Fletcher
- doom的基本意思是“命中注定”,指势必要遭受无情的力量所强加的、无法逃避的惩罚; 也可指司法机关对行为不当或犯有错误的人的“判决”。