a petty disparagement
the act of discrediting or detracting from someone's reputation (especially by slander);
"let it be no detraction from his merits to say he is plainspoken"
- The scandal will not detract from his fame.
- His bad manners detract from his good character.
- Do they detract from the clarity of the articles?
- This will detract from his reputation.
- That did not detract from their reputation.
- His high voice and unpleasant appearance detract from his effectiveness as a speaker.
Females addicted to Censoriousness and Detraction.出自： Addison