- [C]细目,细节; 小事 a single point or fact about sth
- [U]各种细节,详情 such single parts considered together
- vt. 详细描写或说明 describe fully
- vt. 派遣担任特殊任务 appoint for special duty
- an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole;
"several of the details are similar"
"a point of information"
- a small part that can be considered separately from the whole;
"it was perfect in all details"
- extended treatment of particulars;
"the essay contained too much detail"
- a crew of workers selected for a particular task;
"a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
- a temporary military unit;
"the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"
- provide details for
- assign to a specific task;
"The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
- The full details of the agreement haven't been made public.
- He told us the accident in detail.
- Sadat seemed free of the obsession with detail.
- Every detail of her dress is perfect.
- Could you detail all your expenses on this form?
- Please detail the characteristics of the machine.
- A moment ago, you mentioned something about the design of the packing. Will you detail it a bit?
If you're interested in the job,I'll send you all the details.
She does not enjoy the details of housekeeping.
He has a good eye for detail and notices almost everything.
The color in that picture is very good, but there's too much detail.
He detailed my new duties.
He detailed his experiences at the Olympic Games.
In a special report the magazine details the fighting.
The boys listened breathlessly as the sailor detailed the story of the shipwreck.
Lucy detailed all the symptoms.
Could you detail all your expenses on this form?
We detailed a regiment.
The characteristics of the machine are fully detailed in our brochure.
Ten soldiers were detailed.
He was detailed to some work.
He detailed my new duties to me.
The boy detailed all the wonders he has seen in his travels to us.
He detailed the soldiers to look for water.
He detailed six men to clean the windows.
Troops were detailed to guard the frontiers.
Three soldiers were detailed to guard the bridge.
She was detailed to feed the hens each night.
Some of the officers were detailed to beat up for recruits in the nearby villages.
They made detailed plans for an outing, but they reckoned without the possibility of inclement weather.
They drew up a detailed list of measures for increasing the output.
I shall not attempt to give a detailed description of the subject; it is above my bend.
The story as detailed above is quite reliable.
This is a detailed account of the proceedings.
His position doesn't stand up to detailed examination.
- go into detail(s)
详细叙述speak or write about all aspects of sth
I can't go into details with you. 我无法与你细谈。
- 详细叙述speak or write about all aspects of sth
- in detail
详细地 discussing all facts or items fully
She described the accident in detail. 她详细地叙述了那次事故。
- 详细地 discussing all facts or items fully
- detail off (v.+adv.)
派遣 order (a group usually of soldiers) (for a special duty, or to do a special job) detail sb ⇔ off
The officer detailed a small party off and put them to clearing the road.这位军官派出了一个小分队去清理道路。用于 be ～ed 结构
The soldiers were detailed off to dig ditches.士兵们被派去挖壕沟。detail sb ⇔ off for sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
They were detailed off for guard duty.他们被派去担任守卫。
A small group of men were detailed off for burial duty.一小队人被派去执行掩埋任务。
- 派遣 order (a group usually of soldiers) (for a special duty, or to do a special job) detail sb ⇔ off
- an eye for detail 明察秋毫
- in complete detail 十分详细
- in detail 详细地
- in full detail 详尽地
- a matter of detail 一桩琐事
- detail all the symptoms 列举所有的症状
- detail briefly 简要地说明
- detail completely〔fully〕 详细地说明
- detail drearily 沉闷地描写
- detail endlessly 无尽地描写
- detail exactly 恰当地说明
- detail off 指派,派遣
- detail off for a duty 派去执行任务
The vividness and detail of the author's recollections.出自：Day Lewis
Self-contained..even to such detail as a snake-bite outfit.出自：L. van der Post
The characteristic feminine memory for detail.出自：N. Freeling
It is unnecessary to detail more than a few of the numerous references to darkness.出自：G. W. Knight
The story of the probable break-up of Nethercote and Company was detailed on the financial pages.出自：J. Archer
- in detail这里detail用的是单数，go into detail(s)这里单复数都可以，但是一般多是用单数形式，习惯用复数形式的是go into personal details；
- in more detail比more in detail 用法普遍，同理in less detail比less in detail用法更为常见。
- ☆ 1604年英入进语，直接源自古法语的detail：de (完全的） + taillier (切成小块），意为完全切成小块之物。
- detail:detail n. 细节, 详情vt. 详述, 细说 英英解释:名词detail:1. an isolated fact that is considered separately from the…