- n. 命运
- [C]命运; 天命; 天数 fate; what must happen and cannot be changed or controlled
an event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future
the ultimate agency regarded as predetermining the course of events (often personified as a woman);
"we are helpless in the face of destiny"
your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
"whatever my fortune may be"
"deserved a better fate"
"has a happy lot"
"the luck of the Irish"
"a victim of circumstances"
"success that was her portion"
- Destiny is sometimes cruel.
- Your destiny is interwoven with mine.
- Some people believe that the Fates preside over man's destiny.
- Nobody knows his own destiny.
- It was the great man's destiny to lead his country to freedom.
- Destiny willed it so.
- decide〔grasp, influence〕 the destiny 决定〔掌握,左右〕命运
- the destiny of… 的命运
That battle which settled the destiny of Saxon independence.出自： H. Reed
You are fully competent to direct the destiny of this company.出自： E. O
In every act of moral self-affirmation man contributes to the fulfilment of his destiny.出自： P. Tillich
Secure in their Biblical faith that their deeds are part of a divinely ordained destiny.出自：Guardian
She was the woman life meant him to have; she was his destiny.出自： J. Cheever