an unnecessarily aggressive and unfair remark directed at a defenseless person
an illegal and unsportsmanlike act of unnecessary violence;
"he called a penalty on them when the lineman took a cheap shot at the quarterback"
- Garfield: Oh, that was a cheap shot.
- Your remark about my belie mwas a cheap shot.
- Okay, I know it was a cheap shot, but I feel SO much better now.
- The candidate have no good idea of their own, so they just take cheap shot at each other.
- The candidate have no good idea of their own,so they just take cheap shot at each other.
- Ruining her dress with ink so she couldn't compete in the pageant is a really a cheap shot.