North American annual plant with usually yellow or orange flowers; grows chiefly on wet rather acid soil
perennial herb with branched woody stock and bright yellow flowers
- Wordsworth's favourite flower was reputed to be the starry yellow celandine, out now in a woodland near you.
- The meadow is bare, but in a little while the heart-shaped celandine leaves will come in their accustomed place.
- Any of several plants, such as the lesser celandine and the fireweed, that are reputed to be effective in treating hemorrhoids.
- The paper reviewed the recent progress of pharmacological action and chemistry and so on of celandine from Papaveraceae.
- A perennial herb(Stylophorum diphyllum) native to midwest North America and somewhat similar in appearance to the celandine.
- The author reviewed the research progress on opium poppy celandine s chemical component and phytochemistry classification basis, and delineated the perspective.