wipe out the effect of something;
"The new tax effectively cancels out my raise"
"The `A' will cancel out the `C' on your record"
- It is vain to attempt to root out heresy by force.
- Bear up,out troubles will blow over in no time.
- His boss directed him to cancel the meeting.
- He was done out of the right of boxing.
- His weaknesses cancel out his virtues.
- Each species counterbalances out certain polarities of thought-forms that contribute to the whole of the experience known as Earth.
- cancel out 消除
- wipe out 消灭