- As President, he set out to redeem his campaign pledge to get America moving again.
- Obama acted on his campaign pledge today to meet with hundreds of Indian tribe leaders.
- Locals who backed Risa said they would be happy to have him as mayor, despite his bizarre campaign pledge.
- Only one cloud hung over Mr Obama's trip: his campaign pledge to call the mass killings of the Ottoman Armenians in 1915 “genocide”.
- Obama took office with a campaign pledge to try to talk directly with the North Korean leadership but he saw his initial overtures rejected.
- His boldest campaign pledge, in some ways, was to get American troops out of Iraq within 16 months, but that hardly seems today like the radical proposal it seemed a year ago.