a loose garment (usually with veiled holes for the eyes) worn by Muslim women especially in India and Pakistan;
"the Taliban forced all women to wear the burqa"
- A third debated whether to take off her burka.
- "The vast majority of Muslims are against the burka.
- Ms Amara said she was "in favour of the burka not existing in my country".
- "It's time for Barack Obama to let Hillary Clinton take off her burka," she wrote.
- A French government minister has called for the burka, the head-to-toe garment worn by a minority of Muslim women in France, to be banned.
- MsAmara, who is of Algerian descent, argued that banning the burka wouldhelp women to stand up to the extremists in their communities.
- burqa 布卡（指伊斯兰妇女穿的全...