for a short time;
"she visited him briefly"
"was briefly associated with IBM"
in a concise manner; in a few words;
"the history is summed up concisely in this book"
"she replied briefly"
"briefly, we have a problem"
"to put it shortly"
- He showed himself briefly at the party.
- He paused briefly before continuing.
- He was briefly associated with that organization.
- Briefly, I think we should accept his offer.
- Would you please briefly introduce yourself?
- His rise to power is briefly sketched in the first two chapters.