- n. 早餐
- v. 吃早餐；用早餐
- [C][U]早餐,早饭 the first meal of a day
- vi. 吃早餐 have breakfast
- vt. 供给…早餐 service sb breakfast
the first meal of the day (usually in the morning)
eat an early morning meal;
"We breakfast at seven"
provide breakfast for
- We were having breakfast.
- He seldom eats breakfast.
- She juiced an orange for her breakfast.
- Mr. Smith left for London after breakfast.
- We breakfasted early.
- We will breakfast on cereal and toast.
- I am going to breakfast with them tomorrow.
- They begin breakfast at seven.
- I have hot cereal every day for breakfast.
- We eat much the same thing for breakfast every day.
- Just as breakfast was completed there was a knock at the door.
- It's a long time since breakfast.
- The next day she went to school without breakfast.
- Cooking breakfast is her everyday job.
- He had no money to buy a breakfast.
- After quick a breakfast, he hurried to the station.
- Thank you for the breakfast that you bought for me this morning.
- We had gruel for the breakfast.
- She bolted down her breakfast.
- We have our breakfast between seven and half past seven.
- After that breakfast, she never saw him again .
- Olive had already breakfasted and gone out.
- They breakfasted early.
- She came down to breakfast in a hurry, not having brushed her teeth.
- I'm going to breakfast with them tomorrow.
- The hotel regularly breakfasts 300 people.
- The restaurant breakfasted them during the exam.
- breakfast on (v.+prep.)
早餐吃… have breakfast by eating sth
breakfast on sth
We breakfasted on eggs and coffee.
- eat breakfast 吃早饭
- finish breakfast 吃完早饭
- have breakfast 吃早点
- make breakfast 做早饭
- miss one's breakfast 没赶上吃早饭
- prepare breakfast 准备早饭
- serve breakfast 供应早饭
- take breakfast 吃早饭
- breakfast many people 供应许多人早餐
I would have been a breakfast to the beast Rather than have false Proteus rescue me.出自：Two Gentlemen of Verona , Shakespeare
- breakfast意思是“早餐,早饭”,指一天的一顿饭。是不可数名词。泛指早餐时,前面不加冠词; 特指某一顿早餐时还可加定冠词或其他限定词；有定语修饰且非特指时其前一般加不定冠词。
- breakfast, dinner, lunch, meal, supper, tea
- dinner指正餐,多在晚上吃,也可指宴会; breakfast指早餐; lunch指午餐; meal指任何一餐; supper指晚餐; tea在英国,指下午茶。例如:
- He asked me to dinner tonight.他邀请我今天晚上吃饭。
- The dinner we had was excellent.我们吃的晚餐很丰盛。
- I hope you will honour us with your presence at the dinner.我希望您能光临此次晚宴。
- I have breakfast at seven.我在7点吃早餐。
- We have lunch at noon.我们在中午吃午饭。
- He had a light meal at home.他在家吃了顿便餐。
- I have supper at six.我6点吃晚饭。
- They are having tea in the garden.他们正在园子里喝下午茶。
误 The breakfast is ready, sir.
正 Breakfast is ready, sir.
析 通常在一日三餐breakfast, lunch, supper前不加a或the。那天是8点钟吃的早饭。
误 Breakfast was had at eight o'clock that day.
正 We had breakfast at eight o'clock that day.
析 have breakfast通常只用主动形式。