- [C][U]早餐,早饭 the first meal of a day
- vi. 吃早餐 have breakfast
- vt. 供给…早餐 service sb breakfast
- the first meal of the day (usually in the morning)
- eat an early morning meal;
"We breakfast at seven"
- provide breakfast for
- We were having breakfast.
- He seldom eats breakfast.
- She juiced an orange for her breakfast.
- Mr. Smith left for London after breakfast.
- We breakfasted early.
- We will breakfast on cereal and toast.
They begin breakfast at seven.
I have hot cereal every day for breakfast.
We eat much the same thing for breakfast every day.
Just as breakfast was completed there was a knock at the door.
It's a long time since breakfast.
The next day she went to school without breakfast.
Cooking breakfast is her everyday job.
He had no money to buy a breakfast.
After quick a breakfast, he hurried to the station.
Thank you for the breakfast that you bought for me this morning.
We had gruel for the breakfast.
She bolted down her breakfast.
We have our breakfast between seven and half past seven.
After that breakfast, she never saw him again .
Olive had already breakfasted and gone out.
They breakfasted early.
She came down to breakfast in a hurry, not having brushed her teeth.
I'm going to breakfast with them tomorrow.
The hotel regularly breakfasts 300 people.
The restaurant breakfasted them during the exam.
- breakfast on (v.+prep.)
早餐吃… have breakfast by eating sth breakfast on sth
We breakfasted on eggs and coffee.我们早餐吃的是鸡蛋和咖啡。
- 早餐吃… have breakfast by eating sth breakfast on sth
- eat breakfast 吃早饭
- finish breakfast 吃完早饭
- have breakfast 吃早点
- make breakfast 做早饭
- miss one's breakfast 没赶上吃早饭
- prepare breakfast 准备早饭
- serve breakfast 供应早饭
- take breakfast 吃早饭
- breakfast many people 供应许多人早餐
I would have been a breakfast to the beast Rather than have false Proteus rescue me.出自：Two Gentlemen of Verona,Shakespeare
- breakfast意思是“早餐,早饭”,指一天的一顿饭。是不可数名词。泛指早餐时,前面不加冠词; 特指某一顿早餐时还可加定冠词或其他限定词；有定语修饰且非特指时其前一般加不定冠词。
- 上下文已表明是特指,例如:That day breakfast was served on the terrace.那天,早饭是在阳台上吃的。
- 在介词after, before, during, for, at等之后。例如:After breakfast she strolled into the vegetable garden.吃过早饭她到菜园子里去转了转。
- breakfast, dinner, lunch, meal, supper, tea
这组词均为餐名,一般不加冠词。其区别是：dinner指正餐,多在晚上吃,也可指宴会; breakfast指早餐; lunch指午餐; meal指任何一餐; supper指晚餐; tea在英国,指下午茶。例如:He asked me to dinner tonight.他邀请我今天晚上吃饭。The dinner we had was excellent.我们吃的晚餐很丰盛。I hope you will honour us with your presence at the dinner.我希望您能光临此次晚宴。I have breakfast at seven.我在7点吃早餐。We have lunch at noon.我们在中午吃午饭。He had a light meal at home.他在家吃了顿便餐。I have supper at six.我6点吃晚饭。They are having tea in the garden.他们正在园子里喝下午茶。
误 The breakfast is ready, sir.
正 Breakfast is ready, sir.
析 通常在一日三餐breakfast, lunch, supper前不加a或the。
误 Breakfast was had at eight o'clock that day.
正 We had breakfast at eight o'clock that day.
析 have breakfast通常只用主动形式。
- breakfast:breakfast n. 早餐vi. 进早餐习惯用语dog's breakfast [俚]乱七八糟dog's dinner [俚]乱七八糟donkey's breakfast (睡觉用的)草垫 草帽m…