- A girl, wearing a long braid down her back. Chueh-hui recognized the bondmaid, Ming-feng.
- For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
- The speaker was Wan-erh, bondmaid in the Third Household of Chueh-hui's uncle Ke-ming, a long-faced girl about a year older than Ming-f eng, who spoke rather quickly.
- But as they came closer over the zigzag bridge leading from the near side of the isle, he got a look at her. It was Chien-erh, bondmaid in the household of his uncle Ke-an.
- On the left were two other beds, one occupied by Mama Huang, an elderly servant whose hair was streaked with grey, the other by the sixteen-yearold bondmaid, Ming-feng. The girl was sitting up, gazing dully at the lamp wick.
- The speaker was the. bondmaid Ming-feng, a girl of sixteen. She wore her hair in a long single braid down her back. Her trim young frame was encased in a padded jacket of blue cloth.