a powerful stroke with the fist or a weapon
an impact (as from a collision)
an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
an unpleasant or disappointing surprise
a strong current of air
street names for cocaine
forceful exhalation through the nose or mouth
- The wind blew hard and the sea was billowing.
- The wind blew my hat off.
- The driver blew his horn when the child stepped in front of the car.
- He blew out the candles with a single puff.
- A humid wind blew from the south.
- The pitiless north wind blew for weeks.
- A gust of wind blew the door shut.
- A volcanic island of Indonesia between Sumatra and Java. A violent explosion in August 1883 blew the island apart and caused a tidal wave that killed more than 36,000 people.
- blow 打击