- [C]生日 (anniversary of the) day of a person's birth
- an anniversary of the day on which a person was born (or the celebration of it)
- the date on which a person was born
- I received a set of gardening tools on my birthday.
- He gave her an expensive fur for her birthday.
- Tom's birthday is this week.
- Next Monday will be my 21st birthday.
Happy birthday to you!
Your birthday is an annual event.
My wife's birthday is approaching.
Our birthdays are three days apart.
Another birthday has gone by, so now I'm fifteen.
John's birthday did not seem complete without his father there.
His birthday occurs on July 4.
The company was celebrating its fiftieth birthday.
It was clever of her to think of his birthday.
She was mad at her husband for forgetting her birthday.
For her birthday I bought her a bicycle.
I was not here on his birthday.
I sent him a pencil box on his birthday.
Mary will become eligible to vote on her next birthday.
At his birthday party, he blew out all the twenty candles at one time.
On the birthday party, she wore glad rags.
￡500 is quite a handsome birthday present.500
It was sweet of you to send me a birthday present.
We chose her a nice birthday present.
The child was burning to see the birthday gift his grandma had sent him.
He brought me a lovely present on my sixteenth birthday.
Aug. 15th. in 1980 is the country's birthday.1980
- happy birthday 生日快乐
- birthday of gunpowder 火药的发明之日
- birthday的基本意思是“生日”,指每年一次的出生日期的纪念日,通常不表示出生的日期。但在美国填表时birthday可指出生年月日，即date of birth。
误 Today is my eighteen-year-old birthday.
正 Today is my eighteenth birthday.
析 “18岁生日”不可说eighteen-year-old birthday,而应说eighteenth birthday。
误 Please put your birthday in the form.
正 Please put your birth date in the form.
析 birthday意思是“生日”,通常指从出生之日算起一年一度的周岁日,即anniversary of one's birth; 而birth date指“出生的具体日期”,即date of birth。一般说来, birthday是每年一次, birth date终生只有一次。
- birthday:birthday意思n.【C】 1. 生日 For her birthday I bought her a piano. 我买了一架钢琴作为她的生日礼物。引申2. 【喻】诞生的日子;开始的日子 Jul…