- Biliary passages begin as tiny bile canaliculi formed by hepatocytes.
- Lysosomes are quire abundant and active.They are usually located near bile canaliculi and Golgi complexes.
- Apoptotic bodies and cellular debris were often noticed in the epithelial cells of bile canaliculi lumen and interlobular bile duct.
- Mild bile canaliculi injury could also be found in the hepatocytes such as dilated canlicular space, swelled microvilli, decreased or lost of filaments in microvillus core.
- Graft versus host disease also leads to marked cholestasis in the liver, seen here as large collections of yellow-green bile pigment in the bile canaliculi.
- When cultured the AFP~+/Nestin~+/CK19~+ progenitor cells on Matrigel in William E culture medium supplemented with 100ng/ml HGF for 7 days, we observed bile canaliculi like structure in vitro.
将祖细胞培养在胞外基质Matrigel上,以含100ng/m1 HGF的William E培养液培养7d后观察发现祖细胞形成胆管上皮样结构。