the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
- Air strikes and artillery and mortar barrages.
- It was one of the heaviest barrages of the war.
- It's fun to be able to run around and do instant Barrages.
- Heavy artillery barrages will also help weaken the defenders.
- But when you have got these ongoing rocket barrages it is the opposite of calm.
- The first was the blockading of the English Channel with mine barrages.