the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target;
"they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"
"the shelling went on for hours without pausing"
- They ran across areas which were blocked off by barrage fire.
- They replied to the enemy's fire with a barrage.
- Werhmacht and US smoke mortar barrages fire a couple of extra smoke rounds. Both now fire 7 rounds, smoke scatter angle incresed from 9 to 15.
- A fire was burning in the grate.
- He took out a fire insurance policy for his house.
- One of Simulation Study of Antiaircraft Gun Barrage Fire Kill Probability