- [C]兵营，营房 large building for soldiers to live in
- [C]简陋或难看的房屋 any building of plain or ugly appearance
a building or group of buildings used to house military personnel
lodge in barracks
spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
laugh at with contempt and derision
- A barracks was built at the foot of the mountain.
- Soldiers sign out when they leave the barracks.
- He returned to the barracks to dress his injuries.
- Their house was a great barracks of a place.
- There used to be a barracks.
- You can't expect me to live in a barracks like that.
- The barracks were inspected daily.
- You must be back in barracks by 10 o'clock tonight.
- He was confined to barracks for striking an officer.