- n. 银行；岸；筹码；库；田埂；堤；积云；一系列；一组；一排；一团；用于循环再利用的废旧物品回收站
- v. 把钱存入银行；开户；筑堤防护；堆积
- [C]银行 a business organization which performs services connected with money, especially keeping money for customers and paying it out on demand
- [C]岸,堤 land along the side of a river, lake, etc.
- [C]堆 a pile or ridge of earth, mud, snow, etc.
- vt. & vi. 将(钱)存入银行 place (money) in a bank
sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water);
"they pulled the canoe up on the bank"
"he sat on the bank of the river and watched the currents"
a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities;
"he cashed a check at the bank"
"that bank holds the mortgage on my home"
a long ridge or pile;
"a huge bank of earth"
an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers;
"he operated a bank of switches"
a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games;
"he tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo"
a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
a container (usually with a slot in the top) for keeping money at home;
"the coin bank was empty"
a building in which the business of banking transacted;
"the bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon"
a flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning);
"the plane went into a steep bank"
"the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
enclose with a bank;
do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank;
"Where do you bank in this town?"
act as the banker in a game or in gambling
be in the banking business
put into a bank account;
"She deposits her paycheck every month"
cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning;
"bank a fire"
have confidence or faith in;
"We can trust in God"
"Rely on your friends"
"bank on your good education"
"I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- He has a large deposit in the bank.
- The town stands on the left bank of the river.
- They walked along the fields bank，chatting happily.
- The bank burst and totally collapsed.
- We saw a bank of lights in the distance.
- A dark bank of cloud loomed on the horizon.
- They like to bank with the Royal Bank.
- Who do you bank with?
- We bank the river during the rainy season.
- Clouds are banking up.
- The banks often advance money to farmers for seed and fertilizer.
- The bank has made some heavy advances to the business firm.
- This bank allows 10% interest on deposits at the most.
- Will you attend to the shop for a few minutes while I go to the bank?
- The bank has assets of more than ￡1 billion.
- He was unable to account for the deficit in the firm's bank balance.
- New banks made appearance in the next two decades.
- The bank refused further credit to the factory.
- When the bank broke, many people were ruined.
- The bank suffers while its officers benefit.
- The river broke its banks.
- The river flew over the bank.
- The river broke through its banks, and flooded the country for many miles around .
- The water was unusually high this spring and the river burst its banks.
- He seated himself in the boat and began rowing towards the other bank.
- In the late summer, the rivers swell and often burst their banks.
- There are many high buildings along the banks of the Huangpu River.
- The rhino broke away and ran not at us, but along the rocky bank beside us.
- Where do you bank?
- Who do you bank with?
- I bank at the Bank of China.
- He banked half his salary every month.
- They are banking snow.
- bank on (v.+prep.)
寄希望于某人或某事 base one's hopes on sb/sth
bank on sb/sth
You can always bank on me if you need money.
I'm banking on your help.
He was banking on the train being on time.
他指望火车能正点。bank on v-ing
We mustn't bank on getting their agreement.
我们不应指望会得到他们的同意。bank on sb v-ing
We were banking on John knowing the way.
我们本指望约翰会知道走哪条路。bank on sb to-v
I'm banking on you to help me with the arrangements.
- break the bank 耗尽资源,将庄家的钱全部赢来
- carry on a bank 经营银行
- charter a bank 特许建立银行
- direct a bank 经营银行
- establish a bank 建立银行
- fortify bank 加固堤岸
- hold up a bank 持械抢劫银行
- manage a bank 经营银行
- overflow bank 决堤
- own a bank 拥有银行
- rob a bank 抢劫银行
- set up a bank 开办银行
- agricultural bank 农业银行
- central bank 中央银行
- drive-in bank 免下车的路旁银行
- industrial and commercial bank 工商银行
- naked bank 光秃秃的堤岸
- official bank 公立银行
- rugged bank 崎岖的堤岸
- blood bank 血库
- China bank 中国银行
- clay bank 泥岸
- construction bank 建设银行
- eye bank 眼库
- lake bank 湖堤
- land bank 地产银行
- merchant bank 证券银行
- mud bank 泥岸
- people's bank 人民银行
- river bank 河堤
- savings bank 储蓄所
- state bank 国家银行,州银行
- bank balance 银行存款余额
- bank bill 银行汇票
- bank book 银行存折
- bank card 银行(信用)卡
- bank draft 银行汇票
- bank holiday 银行节日
- bank note 钞票
- bank rate 银行贴现率
- bank statement 银行结单
- at a bank 在银行
- work at a bank 在银行工作
- from a bank 从银行
- draw money from a bank 从银行提款
- in a bank 在银行里
- put money in a bank 在银行存款
- bank up 把(钱)存入银行
- bank on sb/sth 寄希望于某人或某事
Tiber trembled underneath her banks.出自：Julius Caesar , Shakespeare
Daisies on the banks of the road.出自： W. Wollaston
She would not let Lena touch her wages, but put it in the bank for her.出自： G. Stein
Drawing a cheque is not nearly so simple an operation in an American bank as in an English one.出自： G. Greene
A silent streame..Banckt about with choyce of flowers.出自： R. Greene
A ridge of rocks that bank'd its side.出自： Southey
The altar was completely banked with flowers.出自： M. McCarthy
- the Bank特指英格兰银行。
- bank在指河的两岸时，向下游看，在右边的为right bank，左边的为left bank，如若黄河从西向东流，右边的南岸为right bank，而左边的北岸为left bank；
- 按字面上来说，讲河的一边岸时，用on one of the banks of the river或on a bank of the river，但人们习惯上用on the bank(s) of the river。
- bank, beach, coast, shore
- There are many islands off the England coast.英国海岸有很多岛屿。
- They have a beautiful house on the shore of the lake.他们在这个湖畔有一所美丽的房子。
- We stand on the river bank to fish.我们站在河岸上钓鱼。
- They spent their holiday at a pleasure beach in Hawaii.他们在夏威夷美丽的海滩上度过了假日。
- 2.beach和shore都可以表示“海滨胜地”,但shore指近海的地方, beach则指那些有海滨浴场或可进行阳光浴的海滩,且beach也可用来指河岸,但坡度较缓,一般涨潮时有水,退潮时无水,而且通常指沙滩,而不是泥岸。例如:
- I spent the summer at the shore but I only spent a part of each day at the beach.我这一夏天都是在海滩上度过的,可在海滨浴场中却只花了一部分时间。
- A beach was formed along the wide bend of the river.在宽阔的河曲处形成了一条河岸。