- [C]银行 a business organization which performs services connected with money, especially keeping money for customers and paying it out on demand
- [C]岸,堤 land along the side of a river, lake, etc.
- [C]堆 a pile or ridge of earth, mud, snow, etc.
- vt. & vi. 将(钱)存入银行 place (money) in a bank
- sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water);
"they pulled the canoe up on the bank"
"he sat on the bank of the river and watched the currents"
- a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities;
"he cashed a check at the bank"
"that bank holds the mortgage on my home"
- a long ridge or pile;
"a huge bank of earth"
- an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers;
"he operated a bank of switches"
- a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
- the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games;
"he tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo"
- a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
- a container (usually with a slot in the top) for keeping money at home;
"the coin bank was empty"
- a building in which the business of banking transacted;
"the bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon"
- a flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning);
"the plane went into a steep bank"
- tip laterally;
"the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- enclose with a bank;
- do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank;
"Where do you bank in this town?"
- act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- be in the banking business
- put into a bank account;
"She deposits her paycheck every month"
- cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning;
"bank a fire"
- have confidence or faith in;
"We can trust in God"
"Rely on your friends"
"bank on your good education"
"I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- He has a large deposit in the bank.
- The town stands on the left bank of the river.
- They walked along the fields bank，chatting happily.
- The bank burst and totally collapsed.
- We saw a bank of lights in the distance.
- A dark bank of cloud loomed on the horizon.
- Who do you bank with?
- We bank the river during the rainy season.
- Clouds are banking up.
The banks often advance money to farmers for seed and fertilizer.
The bank has made some heavy advances to the business firm.
This bank allows 10% interest on deposits at the most.
Will you attend to the shop for a few minutes while I go to the bank?
The bank has assets of more than ￡1 billion.
He was unable to account for the deficit in the firm's bank balance.
New banks made appearance in the next two decades.
The bank refused further credit to the factory.
When the bank broke, many people were ruined.
The bank suffers while its officers benefit.
The river broke its banks.
The river flew over the bank.
The river broke through its banks, and flooded the country for many miles around .
The water was unusually high this spring and the river burst its banks.
He seated himself in the boat and began rowing towards the other bank.
In the late summer, the rivers swell and often burst their banks.
There are many high buildings along the banks of the Huangpu River.
The rhino broke away and ran not at us, but along the rocky bank beside us.
Where do you bank?
Who do you bank with?
I bank at the Bank of China.
He banked half his salary every month.
They are banking snow.
- bank on (v.+prep.)
寄希望于某人或某事 base one's hopes on sb/sth bank on sb/sth
You can always bank on me if you need money.你要是需要钱可以永远依靠我。
I'm banking on your help.我指望你的帮助。
He was banking on the train being on time.他指望火车能正点。bank on v-ing
We mustn't bank on getting their agreement.我们不应指望会得到他们的同意。bank on sb v-ing
We were banking on John knowing the way.我们本指望约翰会知道走哪条路。bank on sb to-v
I'm banking on you to help me with the arrangements.我要靠你帮忙安排这些事了。
- 寄希望于某人或某事 base one's hopes on sb/sth bank on sb/sth
- break the bank 耗尽资源,将庄家的钱全部赢来
- carry on a bank 经营银行
- charter a bank 特许建立银行
- direct a bank 经营银行
- establish a bank 建立银行
- fortify bank 加固堤岸
- hold up a bank 持械抢劫银行
- manage a bank 经营银行
- overflow bank 决堤
- own a bank 拥有银行
- rob a bank 抢劫银行
- set up a bank 开办银行
- agricultural bank 农业银行
- central bank 中央银行
- drive-in bank 免下车的路旁银行
- industrial and commercial bank 工商银行
- naked bank 光秃秃的堤岸
- official bank 公立银行
- rugged bank 崎岖的堤岸
- blood bank 血库
- China bank 中国银行
- clay bank 泥岸
- construction bank 建设银行
- eye bank 眼库
- lake bank 湖堤
- land bank 地产银行
- merchant bank 证券银行
- mud bank 泥岸
- people's bank 人民银行
- river bank 河堤
- savings bank 储蓄所
- state bank 国家银行,州银行
- bank balance 银行存款余额
- bank bill 银行汇票
- bank book 银行存折
- bank card 银行(信用)卡
- bank draft 银行汇票
- bank holiday 银行节日
- bank note 钞票
- bank rate 银行贴现率
- bank statement 银行结单
- at a bank 在银行
- work at a bank 在银行工作
- from a bank 从银行
- draw money from a bank 从银行提款
- in a bank 在银行里
- put money in a bank 在银行存款
- bank up 把(钱)存入银行
- bank on sb/sth 寄希望于某人或某事
Tiber trembled underneath her banks.出自：Julius Caesar,Shakespeare
Daisies on the banks of the road.出自：W. Wollaston
She would not let Lena touch her wages, but put it in the bank for her.出自：G. Stein
Drawing a cheque is not nearly so simple an operation in an American bank as in an English one.出自：G. Greene
A silent streame..Banckt about with choyce of flowers.出自：R. Greene
A ridge of rocks that bank'd its side.出自：Southey
The altar was completely banked with flowers.出自：M. McCarthy
- bank在指河的两岸时，向下游看，在右边的为right bank，左边的为left bank，如若黄河从西向东流，右边的南岸为right bank，而左边的北岸为left bank；
- 按字面上来说，讲河的一边岸时，用on one of the banks of the river或on a bank of the river，但人们习惯上用on the bank(s) of the river。
- the Bank特指英格兰银行。
- bank, beach, coast, shore
这四个词的共同意思是“岸”。其区别是：1.coast指的是陆地和海交界的一条狭长的海岸,通常和地理位置、天气、海防等密切联系在一起。例如:There are many islands off the England coast.英国海岸有很多岛屿。shore含义较广,一般指陆地和较大水域的交界地带,是和水相对而言的。例如:They have a beautiful house on the shore of the lake.他们在这个湖畔有一所美丽的房子。bank一般指的是河岸,有较大的坡度,含有“堤”的意思。例如:We stand on the river bank to fish.我们站在河岸上钓鱼。beach一般只是shore或coast的一部分,是被海(湖或河)水冲刷而有沙或卵石积存的地方,可作“沙滩”解。例如:They spent their holiday at a pleasure beach in Hawaii.他们在夏威夷美丽的海滩上度过了假日。2.beach和shore都可以表示“海滨胜地”,但shore指近海的地方, beach则指那些有海滨浴场或可进行阳光浴的海滩,且beach也可用来指河岸,但坡度较缓,一般涨潮时有水,退潮时无水,而且通常指沙滩,而不是泥岸。例如:I spent the summer at the shore but I only spent a part of each day at the beach.我这一夏天都是在海滩上度过的,可在海滨浴场中却只花了一部分时间。A beach was formed along the wide bend of the river.在宽阔的河曲处形成了一条河岸。
- bank:简介 Bank （内存库） 在内存行业里，Bank至少有三种意思，所以一定要注意。 发展 1、在SDRAM内存模组上，"bank 数"表示该内存的物理存储体的数量。（等同于"行"/Row） 2、B…