- To prevent the distortion, a right- hand and a left- hand twisted single are combined to form a balanced yarn.
- Balanced yarns are those in which the twist is such that the yarn will hang in a loop without kinking, doubling or twisting upon itself.
- Smooth fabrics require balanced yarns, but for crepe and textured effects, unbalanced yarns are desirable.
- The beggar spun a long yarn about his misfortunes.
- They pitched a yarn about finding the jewels.
- The woman knits stockings from yarn.
balance tab balance balanced sharing of benefits balanced budget with surplus balance of export and import balance charge and discharge balance-spring chronometer balanced frequency converter balance of external payments balanced general disarmament balanced three-wire system balanced idea branch customs