- President Bush predicts the Democrat-controlled Congress will act quickly to approve a financial sector bailout package.
- RBS is one of the largest recipients of the U.K. government's bailout package, and executives there are widely expected to start trimming the organization.
- The first presidential debate planned for Friday in Mississippi is expected to go on even though Republican John McCain wants it postponed to focus on craft ing a bailout package in Congress.
- Asset markets in Eastern Europe's emerging economies have been hit hard after the European Union gave a cold shoulder to those hoping for some kind of bailout package for these overextended economies.
- The first presidential debate planned for Friday in Mississippi is expected to go on even though Republican John McCain wants it postponed to focus on crafting a bailout package in Congress.
- The gay package is only for dandy.