- n. 保释；杓；把手；保证金；担保人
- vt. 保释；往外舀水；使摆脱困境
- vi. 舀空
- [U](法庭命令缴付的)保释金；保释 money that sb agrees to pay if a person accused of a crime does not appear at their trial. When bail has been arranged, the accused person is allowed to go free until the trial.
- vt. 保释，帮助脱离困境 help sb out of a bad situation,especially jail
(criminal law) money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial;
"the judge set bail at $10,000"
"a $10,000 bond was furnished by an alderman"
the legal system that allows an accused person to be temporarily released from custody (usually on condition that a sum of money guarantees their appearance at trial);
"he is out on bail"
release after a security has been paid
deliver something in trust to somebody for a special purpose and for a limited period
secure the release of (someone) by providing security
empty (a vessel) by bailing
remove (water) from a vessel with a container
- Bail was refused on the presupposition of his guilt.
- He repudiated the court's decision to offer bail.
- The magistrate refused his bail.
- She was granted bail with a surety of $500.
- Bail out a person committed to prison.
- Her family paid $500 to bail her out.
- We'll have to bail the water out if the boat is to stay afloat.
- The club faced bankruptcy until a wealthy local businessman bailed them out.
- Bail a friend out of his difficulties.
- The boat will sink unless we bail out.
- Our boat will sink unless we bail (out).
- The judge set bail at $ 20,000.
- She is out on bail right now.
- The judge wouldn't grant bail.
- The suspect jumped bail and is now being sought.
- Three of the youths were bailed.
- He was bailed to appear in court on 15 March.
- bail out (v.+adv.)
帮助…摆脱困境 help sb, a business,etc. out of difficulties by providing money
bail sb ⇔ out
My father got a lawyer and bailed me out.
I asked for a rise of salary so I could bail out.
我要求加薪以便渡过困难。bail sb/sth ⇔ out
She keeps running up huge debts and asking friends to bail her out.
The government can't expect the taxpayer to bail this company out indefinitely.
- deny sb bail 不准保释
- go bail for 为…做保释人；为…缴保释金
- make bail 筹集保释金
- refuse bail 不准保释
- save one's bail 保释后如期出庭
- set bail at $1000 保释金定为1000美元
- take bail 允许保释
- straw bail 空头或不充足的保释金
Faunus, now within their baile.出自： Spenser
- bailable adj. 可保释的‖bailee n. (财务的)受委托人‖bailment n. 保释‖bailor n. (财务的)委托人