an obnoxious and foolish and loquacious talker
any of various insectivorous Old World birds with a loud incessant song; in some classifications considered members of the family Muscicapidae
- Sermon Title: What is this babbler trying to say?
- And some said, What would this babbler wish to say?
- Some of them asked, "What is this babbler trying to say?
- Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.
- A gossip reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a babbler.
- A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to dispute with him.Some of them asked, "What is this babbler trying to say?