having escaped, especially from confinement;
"a convict still at large"
"searching for two escaped prisoners"
"dogs loose on the streets"
"criminals on the loose in the neighborhood"
in a general fashion;
"he talked at large about his plans"
- We will talk at large about it later.
- The question is discussed at large in my report.
- When we talk about the world, we mean the world at large.
- The populace at large is opposed to sudden change.
- The smuggler is still at large.
- The escaped prisoner is still at large.