- vt. 估价,估计 decide or fix the value of (sth); evaluate
- vt. 评定,核定 decide or fix the amount of sth
- evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of;
"I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"
"access all the factors when taking a risk"
- charge (a person or a property) with a payment, such as a tax or a fine
- set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- estimate the value of (property) for taxation;
"Our house hasn't been assessed in years"
- How do you assess your students?
- We will assess the damages caused by the flood.
- She looked at the house and assessed its market value.
Can you assess my chances of winning?
He's so lazy that it's difficult to assess his ability.
It's difficult to assess the effects of these changes.
It's too early to assess the effects of the new legislation.
You will need time to settle in and assess your surroundings.
They meet monthly to discuss policy and assess the current political situation.
We tried to assess his suitability for the job.
Our agent will assess the value of your property.
In the programme this week, we assess the new National Savings Certificate.
The farmers are assessing the damage to their crops after the storm.
They have assessed the amount of compensation to be paid.
The club assessed each member $100 to rebuild the clubhouse.
How will my work be assessed?
My income has been assessed wrongly.
Each member of the club will be assessed 10 dollars to pay for the trip.
The committee assesses whether a building is worth preserving.
Ellen tried to assess how she felt.
We are trying to assess how well the system works.
I'd assess your chances as extremely low.
- assess at (v.+prep.)
估计…价值为judge the value of sth as assess sth at sth
They assessed the value of the house at 60,000 pounds.他们估价这房子值六万英镑。用于 be ～ed 结构
Damages were assessed by the court at $10,000.法院估定损失为一万美元。
The value of this property was assessed at one million dollars.这财产的价值被估算为100万美元。
The estate was assessed at three thousand pounds.地产被估价为3000英镑。
Damage to the building was assessed at ￡40,000.这栋建筑物的损失估定为四万英镑。
Her needs were assessed at $1800 a week.她一个星期的花费估计为1800美元。
- 估计…价值为judge the value of sth as assess sth at sth
- assess a fine 处以罚款
- assess a situation 估计形势
- assess a tax of 100 dollars upon sb 向某人征收100美元的税款
- assess a tax on sb's property 对某人的财产课税
- assess damages after an incident 事故后确定损失赔偿金额
- assess the importance of 估计…的重要性
- assess the merit of a thesis 对论文的价值做出评价
- assess the value 估价
- assess at 把…估价为
A forced loan was assessed upon the whole kingdom.出自：J. R. Green
The judge assessed total damages at s112,600.出自：Daily Telegraph
- assess是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,有时还可接“as+ adj. ”作补足语的复合宾语; 可用于被动结构。
- assess, appraise, assay, estimate, evaluate , rate, value
这组词都有“估价”的意思。其区别在于:estimate指个人的主观估价; appraise指以专家身份作出最终精确的估价; assay原指化验某物以确定其性质、分量或价值,引申指在衡量某事物之前作出鉴定性分析; assess指对财产进行估价作为征收税款或罚款的依据,引申指在使用某人或某物之前对其作出精确评价,以作最后决定的依据; evaluate是数学用语,指“求…的值”,引申指用比较熟悉的表示法评估某事物的价值; rate则专指评定价值等级的高低; value强调精确地估价。
- ☆ 15世纪初进入期英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的assesser；最初源自中世纪拉丁语的assessare，意为课税。
- assess:assess vt. 估定, 评定 英英解释:动词assess:1. place a value on; judge the worth of something同义词：measure, evalua…