英 ['ɑːsn] 美 ['ɑːrsn]
- n. 纵火；纵火罪
- [U]纵火(罪); 放火(罪) the crime of deliberately setting fire to sth, especially a building
malicious burning to destroy property;
"the British term for arson is fire-raising"
- This fire was no doubt caused by arson.
- Arson has been ruled out ecause artificial fire.
- He was brought to trial on charges of arson.
- The jury convicted the accused man of theft and arson.
- Fighting, plundering and arson have erupted all over the city.
- The store burned down, and the police suspected arson.
- He committed arson by burning down two buildings.
- The police suspect the fire was the result of arson.
- arsonist n. 纵火犯; 放火犯