outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
the event of coming into sight
formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
a mental representation
the act of appearing in public view
pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression
- His popularity has soared thanks largely to his TV appearances.
- There are lots of sword masters in swordsman fiction who have strange appearances.
- Appearances are very often deceptive.
- How are the appearances of these trees similar?
- For a woman who often said that she had every intention of staying out of her husband's work,Laura has,by all appearances,been playing a far more active role in it.