- He had to make a quick change at Shanghai.
- Take a change of clothes with you.
- He was hostile to any change in our plan.
- Can you change a five-pound note?
- There is an imperceptible change in temperature.
- This is where we change from car to bus.
a drum a A pickpocket stole my purse. A bright boy learns quickly. a grotesque building/figure A new historical turning point a moratorium on new membership A dilated formation or part. a round of toast/sandwiches a woeful lack of understanding a gripping Victorian melodrama a handful of fascist gangsters