- n. 古代；古物；古迹
the historic period preceding the Middle Ages in Europe
an artifact surviving from the past
- The culture of antiquity was rediscovered.
- Animals and plants of remote antiquity turned to fossils.
- There are many legends about the heroes of antiquity.
- The Roman legion was the ultimate military formation of antiquity.
- His tastes addict him to the study of antiquity.
- My meeting with Sadat was thus sandwiched between the contemplations of antiquity.
The coolest and most practical thinker of all antiquity..Aristotle.出自： J. S. Blackie
In antiquity all large States, except Egypt, suffered from a lack of stability.出自： B. Russell