traveling by foot;
"she was afoot when I saw her this morning"
currently in progress;
"there is mischief afoot"
"plans are afoot"
"preparations for the trial are underway"
on foot; walking;
"they went to the village afoot"
"quail are hunted either afoot or on horseback"
- Maybe something deeper is now afoot too.
- There are plans afoot to build a new library.
- Preparition for dinner is getting afoot in the kitchen.
- The work is well afoot.
- If there is any mischief afoot, he is sure to be in at it.
- He likes to travel afoot.
The lama and Mahbub Ali, both afoot, walking cautiously.出自： R. Kipling