a political movement uniting Palestinian Arabs in an effort to create an independent state of Palestine; when formed in 1964 it was a terrorist organization dominated by Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah; in 1968 Arafat became chairman; received recognition by the United Nations and by Arab states in 1974 as a government in exile; has played a largely political role since the creation of the Palestine National Authority
- The United States does not recognize the PLO.
- The United States does not recognize the PLO .
- The recent speech of the PLO chairman augmented tensions in the Near East.
- A diplomatic corps was sent to mediate between Israel and PLO.
- In any case, the PLO "does not represent a majority".
- Israel should make peace with the PLO and crush Hammas.
- Palestine Liberation Organization 巴勒斯坦解放组织...