- French and Indian War: British forces capture Fort Duquesne from French control.
- Duquesne University appointed Xu Zhihui as adjunct professor of Law on June 1, 2004.
- Fort Duquesne was built on the site by the French c. 1750 and fell to the British in 1758, when it was renamed Fort Pitt.
- British general in America during the French and Indian War. He was mortally wounded during his unsuccessful expedition against Fort Duquesne (now Pittsburgh).
- Until 1757 the French continued to dominate, but in 1758 Britain increased aid to its troops and won victories at Louisbourg, Fort Frontenac, and Fort Duquesne (Pittsburgh).
- A very accurate and clear definition given by James Hayes, the dean of the School of Business Administration at Duquesne University is "management was getting things done through other people".