a member of the Sunni Muslim people living in northwestern Caucasia
a mostly Sunni Muslim community living in northwestern Caucasia
a northern Caucasian language spoken by the Circassian
- He took off his Circassian cap to his master and looked scornfully at him.
- Ethnic Composition: Arab 98% (Palestinian 60%), Circassian 1%, Armenian 1%.
- He was dressed in a long white Circassian coat over a brown beshmet trimmed round the collar with fine silver lace.
- Northwest Caucasian languages include Abkhaz and a chain of dialects called collectively Circassian.
- Petya was a Turkish lady, Dimmler was a clown, Natasha a hussar, and Sonya a Circassian with eyebrows and moustaches smudged with burnt cork.
- Within a decade, Shirley had married a Circassian Christian, Teresia, and set off with her to Europe on a series of diplomatic missions in the service of the shah.