a federal agency in the Department of Health and Human Services; located in Atlanta; investigates and diagnoses and tries to control or prevent diseases (especially new and unusual diseases)
- The CDC says manufacturers made plenty of vaccine.
- Those functions are the backbone of CDC's mission.
- But the expression of cdc 2 was unchanged.
- Earlier in his career, Frieden worked at the CDC.
- He's now a medical epidemiologist with CDC.
- A different kind of safety became CDC's responsibility in 1973.