- n. 波罗门；婆罗门牛；文人雅士
a member of a social and cultural elite (especially a descendant of an old New England family);
"a Boston brahman"
a member of the highest of the four Hindu varnas;
"originally all brahmans were priests"
the highest of the four varnas: the priestly or sacerdotal category
any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
- God is Immanent; Brahman is Transcendent.
- A Brahman scholar or learned man.
- "Brahman is beyond mind and speech.
- "What Brahman is cannot be described in words.
- Where do the four elements come from? The Brahman asked.
- God is with Gunas or attributes; Brahman is attributeless.