- adj. 有价值的；可尊敬的；值得的；配得上的
- n. 知名人士；杰出人物
- [P] 应得某事物; 值得做某事 deserving sth or to do sth
- [A] 可尊敬的 deserving respect or consideration
an important, honorable person (word is often used humorously);
"he told his story to some conservative worthies"
"local worthies rarely challenged the chief constable"
having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable;
"a worthy fellow"
"a worthy cause"
worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse;
"the parents found the girl suitable for their son"
having qualities or abilities that merit recognition in some way;
"behavior worthy of reprobation"
"a fact worthy of attention"
- This is a worthy English-Chinese dictionary.
- This book is worthy of reading.
- No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the house.
- Mr. Foker himself is a worthy man, though not of high extraction or indeed much education.
- The event is worthy of being remembered.
- His behavior is worthy of praise.
- The book is well worthy of his reputation.
- I want you to sell these two and find more worthy replacements.
- He has lived a worthy life.
- The school has graduated many worthy young people.
- He is a worthy man.
- There occurred nothing worthy of being mentioned.
- This task is not worthy of him.
- He is worthy of our praise.
- There occurred nothing that was worthy to be mentioned.
- He is worthy to take his position.
- This is worthy mentioning.
- worthy of 值得
- an enemy worthy of someone's steel 值得某人与之交锋的强...
- not worthy to unloose the latchet of someone's shoe 替某人解鞋带也不配...
- worthy man 高尚的人, 要人...
- loan worthy 有偿付能力
- cargo worthy [经] 适于货运...
- road-worthy 适于走长途的; 适宜...
- -worthy ……字
- an foe worthy of someone's steel 值得某人与之一斗的劲...
- not worthy to unloose the latchet of someone's shoes 替某人解鞋带也不配...
- worthy of someone's steel 值得某人与之较量的...
- foe worthy of someone's steel 值得某人与之一斗的劲...
- a foe worthy of someone's steel 值得某人与之交锋的强...
- worthy of the name 名副其实的
All the..Graces..in this most worthy manner of singing.出自： J. Playford
- worthy, worth
- 这两者用法的区别在于:worth是介词,不能作定语,作表语时后面必须接名词性词组; worthy是形容词,可用作定语,作表语时后面接“of＋名词”或动词不定式。
- The job is not worthy of him.
- 他不屑做这工作。 (褒)
- He is not worthy of the job.