the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
- I'd just woken up and was still drowsy.
- He woke (up) to find himself alone in the house.
- He hasn't yet woken up to the seriousness of the situation.
- He woke up, yawned and stretched.
- I could have done without being (ie I wish I hadn't been) woken up at 3 o'clock in the morning.
- The audience needs waking up.
- The noise woke me up.
- I woke up and was greeted by bird song.
- wake 醒来