the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
- The dog woke up, had a good stretch and wandered off.
- It's time you woke up to the fact that you're not very popular.
- The incident woke memories of his past sufferings.
- The bad news finally woke the country to the danger of war.
- The argument woke old rivalries.
- The country woke from her trace of two hundred years.
- He woke one morning to find himself the owner of the farm.
- In the middle of the night, two boys woke up and began shouting.
- wake 醒来