- 聪明的,有才智的,明智的 having or showing good sense and judgment, and the ability to understand and decide on the right action
a way of doing or being;
"in no wise"
"in this wise"
United States Jewish leader (born in Hungary) (1874-1949)
United States religious leader (born in Bohemia) who united reform Jewish organizations in the United States (1819-1900)
having or prompted by wisdom or discernment;
"a wise leader"
"a wise and perceptive comment"
marked by the exercise of good judgment or common sense in practical matters;
"judicious use of one's money"
"a wise decision"
evidencing the possession of inside information
improperly forward or bold;
"don't be fresh with me"
"impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"
"an impudent boy given to insulting strangers"
"Don't get wise with me!"
- Learned men are not necessarily wise.
- To a wise person, time is like a diamond.
- A wise general can gain the upper hand in any battle.
- She is wise in money matters.
- You are wise to remain silent.
- It would be wise not to give undue importance to his criticism.
- Lord Melbourne replied with a very wise letter.
- He is the wise man who is the honest man.
- A wise person is one who has much knowledge and the ability to use it well.
- Who is the wisest man who has ever lived?
- His wise father knows how to handle him.
- I don't think that was a wise decision.
- He is a wise professor.
- Confucius was one of the wisest teachers of all times.
- He is no wiser than he used to.
- You'll understand when you're older and wiser.
- When questioned about the incident, he looked wise but refused to talk.
- You're wise, so why not give us the lowdown?
- Do you think it's wise?
- Laughing and joking at a funeral are not wise.
- No man is wise at all times.
- She is wise in money.
- You are wise to leave when you did.
- You are wise to keep out of their dispute.
- I'm sure you're wise to wait a few days.
- I think you'd be very wise to accept it.
- He was wise enough to mind his own business.
- It was wise of you to do so.
- It was not wise to do that.
- You should put me wise to what is going on in the store.
- be〔get〕 wise to
了解,知道 learn to understand the methods or behavior of
- none the wiser
获告知后仍不明白 knowing no more, after being told
- wise after the event
事后聪明 understanding what should have been done to prevent a bad situation that has now happened
- wise advice 明智的劝告
- wise choice 明智的选择
- wise comment 高明的评论
- wise decision 明智的决定
- wise father 聪明的父亲
- wise judge 明断的法官
- wise man 聪明人
- wise mother 聪明的母亲
- wise person 聪明人
- wise precaution 明智的防御措施
- wise professor 博学的教授
- wise ruler 英明的统治者
- wise teacher 博学的老师
Some in scoffing manner; others in malicious wise.出自： W. Watson
One who was in no wise averse to that common Learning.出自： F. Rous
He did it this wise.出自： L. Oliphant
I would haue you wise vnto that which is good, and simple concerning euill.出自：Bible (AV): Romans
The first duty of a wise advocate is to convince his opponents, that he understands their arguments.出自： Coleridge
An ambitious diplomatist would probably be wise to marry.出自： H. James
A wise man..knows his own limitations.出自：Scotsman
Antique dealers are wising up to the growing demand for old radios.出自：Wall Street Journal
- wise在句中可用作定语,也可用作表语。用作定语时,其后可接具体名词,也可接抽象名词; 用作表语时,其后可接介词短语或动词不定式,接动词不定式时,其逻辑主体用of引出。
- wise, bright, clever, intelligent, shrewd, smart
- 1.bright一般指年轻人,尤指小孩的聪明、机警; wise指“有智慧的”“英明的”“有头脑的”; smart指“头脑敏捷的”“精明老练的”,常指思维能力很强,办事巧妙,能圆滑地处理人际关系等,有时也带有表面的或肤浅的色彩; clever指“聪明的”“伶俐的”“能干的”,尤指很有理解或学习能力的; shrewd指“机灵的”“敏锐的”“精明的”,表示谙于世故,对事物浅尝辄止,遇事老谋深算,从不忽略个人私利; intelligent指某人是“聪明的”“智力好的”,善于作出正确的判断。例如:
- In some schools, the bright pupils tutor the dull ones.在一些学校里,一些聪明的学生辅导迟钝的学生。
- She was wise to their scheme.她了解他们的诡计。
- He is so smart that he will jump at the chance.他这个人很有头脑,不会错过这个机会的。
- Jack is a clever student.杰克是个聪明伶俐的学生。
- I think you've made a shrewd investment there.我认为你在那方面的投资极为聪明。
- Elephants are intelligent animals.象是聪明的动物。
- 2.bright强调反应快; wise强调有判断力的、能明辨是非的; intelligent强调思维清楚、理解力强。例如:
- Tom is a bright scholar in the class.汤姆在班上是个聪明的学生。
- It is wise to keep out of debt.不借债是明智的。
- He was intelligent enough to understand my question from the gestures I made.他很聪明,从我的手势就明白了我的问题。
- You were wise to refuse.
- You were wise enough to refuse.
误 It was wise for you to make such a decision.
正 It was wise of you to make such a decision.
析 wise可用于It is/was wise of sb to- v 结构,用作主语的动词不定式的逻辑主语应由介词of引出,而不应该用for。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wis，意为有学识的。
- wisely adv. 聪明地; 明智地‖wiseness n. 聪明; 明智