- vt. & vi. 使眼色，递眼色(表示友好或高兴等) shut and open one eye quickly (usually as a sign of friendship,amusement,etc. to sb)
- vi. (指光)闪烁，闪亮 (with reference to light) appear to go on and off quickly
- [C] 眨眼 act of shutting one's eye in this way
- [C] 一眨眼间，一会儿 very short period
a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat);
"if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
closing one eye quickly as a signal
a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly
signal by winking;
"She winked at him"
gleam or glow intermittently;
"The lights were flashing"
briefly shut the eyes;
"The TV announcer never seems to blink"
force to go away by blinking;
"blink away tears"
- She did not understand the significance of my wink.
- He tipped me the wink not to buy at that price.
- I'll tip you the wink when it's safe to come in.
- Then in the wink of an eye, the eight old men all turn into five- or six-year-old children.
- She winked at me.
- She hasn't grasped the meaning that I wink.
- Maybe I should wink to get her attention.
- A lighthouse was winking in the far distance.
- Uncle John winked at me across the table.
- The stars were winking in the clear sky.
- She winked a warning to the talkative boy.
- He gave me a friendly wink.
- We could not sleep a wink last night because of noise.
- wink at 使眼色
- sleep a wink 睡一会儿
- in a wink 转瞬间
- wink pulsing 发送闪烁脉冲...
- wink signal 闪灯信号
- frequency of wink 眨眼频率
- wink operation 闪烁脉冲控制...
- tip sb the wink 向某人使眼色...
- tip sb. the wink 对某人使眼色...
- not sleep a wink 一点也没睡
- forty winks 小睡
- not get a wink of sleep 一点也没睡
- tip someone the wink 向某人使眼色...
- tip someone a wink 向某人使眼色...
- not have a wink of sleep 完全没睡觉
- not be able to see a wink 什么都看不见,一点光...
- as easy as winking 非常容易
- wink out 终止, 了结,熄灭,...
Every night I woke up at seven o'clock and never got a wink afterwards.出自： J. K. Jerome
Shadows vanish when the world's eye wincks Behind a cloud.出自： fig.