to an extreme or greatly exaggerated degree;
"the storyline is wildly unrealistic"
in an uncontrolled or unrestrained manner;
"He gesticulated wildly"
with violent and uncontrollable passion;
"attacked wildly, slashing and stabbing over and over"
- The spectators applauded wildly.
- Sometimes people will clap wildly after you dance.
- I'm afraid I forgot myself and kissed him wildly.
- Her magnanimity provoked his tears, he wept wildly.
- The fans poured out of the stadium, cheering wildly.
- The plane had begun to drop and flounder wildly.
- The boat rocked wildly, hurling him into the water.
- The plane veered wildly.
- Somebody wildly suggested dynamiting it.
- He lunged wildly at his opponent.
- He lost his temper and struck out wildly.
The ship rolled wildly, so that at meals the stewards had to cleat the plates down.出自： D. Moraes