- n. 野猫
- adj. 靠不住的；未经允许的
- v. 盲目开掘
an exploratory oil well drilled in land not known to be an oil field
a cruelly rapacious person
any small or medium-sized cat resembling the domestic cat and living in the wild
outside the bounds of legitimate or ethical business practices;
"wildcat currency issued by irresponsible banks"
"wildcat stock speculation"
"a wildcat airline"
"wildcat life insurance schemes"
without official authorization;
"an unauthorized strike"
"wildcat work stoppage"
(of a mine or oil well) drilled speculatively in an area not known to be productive;
"drilling there would be strictly a wildcat operation"
"a wildcat mine"
- The old man kicked the wildcat downstairs.
- The cry of a wildcat can send chills down one's backbone.
- Drilling there would be strictly a wildcat operation.
- Most of the workers have participated in the wildcat strike.
- The miners will wildcat next month.