- [U] 健康,幸福,繁荣 good health, happiness, prosperity, etc. of a person or group
- [U] 福利 help provided for people with social problems, money difficulties, etc.
- [U] 〈美〉政府的福利(制度) (the system of) additional government help given to people in special need
governmental provision of economic assistance to persons in need;
"she lives on welfare"
something that aids or promotes well-being;
"for the benefit of all"
a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous;
"the town was finally on the upbeat after our recent troubles"
- The welfare of the individual is bound up with the welfare of the community.
- These are matters that bear on the welfare of the community.
- The government decided to promote public welfare.
- My principal concern is my family's welfare.
- You are responsible for the welfare of the girl.
- They are concerned about my welfare.
- The company's welfare officer deals with employee's personal problems.
- Most of the families in this neighborhood are on welfare.
- economic〔educational, general, public, social〕 welfare 经济〔教育,全民,公共,社会〕福利
- material and spiritual welfare 物质和精神幸福
- child〔community〕 welfare 儿童〔社会〕福利
- welfare money 救济金
He enquires..after Amnon's welfare..He is fine, he assures David.出自： D. Jacobson
Admire those who put the welfare of others first.出自： R. Dawkins
But thine my Deare (welfare thy heart my deare).出自： Spenser